Thursday, June 23, 2011

Women need women.

True story.

Brazen Apron meets
Home C.E.O.
Women need women. We need to bond and connect and support and help and take care of other women. I had the amazing opportunity to meet one of my favorite bloggers IN PERSON. That's right. In the flesh. Let me just say that The Brazen Apron is aptly named. She is feisty, sassy, saucy, straightforward and highly intelligent. She put up with my nervousness (which means I interrupt constantly. Sorry A.) and was friendlier than a JW at a new neighbors house. She's the kind of complex creature that you just want to absorb all her energy and splash it all over you. She is super cool. Of course, I'm cool too.... I brought wine to our first meeting.



 
Drinks with R., the B-day girl


The other day I had another opportunity to spend quality time with one of my home girls. I took her out for belated birthday drinks. We talked, we drank (we are really good at doing that together. We're 3 bottle friends), and we bonded as women. This woman always has a smile on her face. Her motto in life is "I just want to have fun". Who can argue with that? She works full time, has a little boy, made it through a remodel with her sanity in tact, and continues... to keep a smile on her face. I love spending time with her. She reminds me how simple attitude is. Attitude is simple, but it's worth a lot.

I don't spend nearly enough time with other women. I wish I did. I wish I knew more women. There is something to be said about the benefits of quality time with them. I'm not talking Real Housewives type of women. I'm talking about real, honest women. If you have women friends, meet for coffee, go out to lunch, take your kids for a walk. Spend time with each other. It is so important. I mean, we blog, we Facebook, we twitter, we email, but we don't see and connect nearly enough.

So phone a friend and invite her over for mimosas. You never realize how important real, tangible friendships are until you don't have them. Take care of your friendships. Nurture them, water them (with booze, obviously), give them sunlight and love. We're the only ones who really know what we're going through.

Go, bond with your women friends.

1 comment:

  1. what the hell is wrong with Real Housewives JAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I kid.. but I could not agree more.. I feel so much better after time with a great friend!! Cherish them I try to :)

    CHEERS

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?