Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Do you even OWN a mirror?

You know when you see a lady walking around and her clothes are too tight and her rolls are hanging out and you think to yourself, "jeez lady, did you even look in the mirror before you left the house?"  and you just assume all she has is a little bathroom mirror so she can only see from her décolletage up?  I mean, how can someone go out looking like that? At least put on a looser fitting shirt or SOMETHING. She has more rolls than a bakery.

Well, I'm here to tell you that she does own a full length mirror. She is aware that she has gained weight so her clothes are too tight now. She is PAINFULLY aware of how many rolls are sealed up in cotton and that shirt IS her looser fitting shirt. I know this because today, I WAS THAT WOMAN. 

I was even wearing my girdle/yoga pants. In all black as to lessen the blow to onlookers eyes. My "big" t-shirt I put on over it? Tight. *sigh* This is what happens when my mom comes to visit and I survive on a bread/wine diet. Unfortunately for me, I will not be shooting a movie any time soon where I play a British underdog singleton waiting for my Mr. Darcy.  

So yeah. I went out in public looking like the kind of lady you yell "spandex is a PRIVILEGE! NOT A RIGHT!" when you see her walking down the road. (Hey, at least she's walking in spandex. It's not like she's wearing them and sitting on the couch eating donuts.)  It was embarrassing to say the least. I'm not going to let it get me down though. We all have our less than stellar moments. At least now I won't be so quick to judge women wearing tight clothing.

Now, 18 year old girls with a body that should not now, not ever be wearing low rider skinny jeans.... I will judge like it's rapture. 

2 comments:

Thoughts?