Since the weather was so nice today we decided a trip to the beach was long over due. like, 10 months over due.
The beach- where sun meets sand meets water in a trifecta of daytime AWESOME.
Normally I HATE sand. (I live at the beach and I hate sand, WTH?) At some point you have to give in. Mostly it's the work and effort that goes into a day at the beach with kids. I dread it. But usually, the less planning the beach involves the more pleasant the trip. So we packed some chairs and towels.
We parked in the dollar store parking lot, which meant buying some $ store treasures. Like a sand bucket, shovel, bubbles and water. Then we walked to the beach.
This craptastic scene unfolded before us, it was like a I Spy book:
- college girl with *ahem* glaucoma
- college boy thirsty for "rocky mountain water"
- 50ish year old, over tanned woman in black string THONG strutting around
- 80 pound skeleton college girl frolicking with boyfriend
- overly fake tan girl who's friends kept saying "lay off the tanning" in which she replied "oh mah gaud, i'm totally white right now!"
- All-organic snack noshing hippy parents with 1 year old child in cloth diapers
- beanie wearing, long haired, board short sagging douche bag
- dreadlock guy cliff jumping- barely making the cliff.
- surfer guy surfing same waves as the skim boarders
- mom making kick ass sand castle
- people yelling in foreign language, possibly cursing
- dudes peacocking
- girls with bad posture. (side note- maybe girls should start peacocking... might improve alignment)
Overall a very successful day at the beach. We went, we played, we built, we got wet, we judged, we left. What else is there to do at the beach with kids? Luckily with the small amount of wares we had to carry we were in and out in a jiffy.