Thursday, September 8, 2011

Champagne Time

Earlier today I did a post on my Facebook saying "this day calls for champagne!"

At first I was just excited that I haven't strangled anyone today. Then I thought about it more and here's what I came up with.

Everyday is Champagne day. (or some other celebratory drink) Everyday should be a day worth celebrating because I made it through the day.

  • I made my kids breakfast
  • I made my kids lunch
  • I worked out
  • I did laundry
  • I ran errands
  • My house is clean
  • My children are happy
  • I'm not negative in my bank account 
  • Dinner is done
  • The car has fuel
  • The bills are paid
  • We're paying for our daughter to go to college. 
  • I smile and get butterflies in my stomach when I see that my husband is calling me
  • I took a shower

See what I mean? I'm surviving this crazy thing called life and THAT should be celebrated. It doesn't have to be champagne but you get the point. Us moms, we're doing it. We're raising our kids, and keeping our household together. Many of us are the glue that keeps our family together. So today I'm going to pour myself a bit of bubbly, pat myself on the back, and tell myself "good job". 

Today calls for champagne because instead of looking at all the things i'm doing wrong and feeling badly, i'm looking at all the things i'm doing well, and it makes me feel good. 

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Those are great reasons to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good positive outlook. Im glad ur hubby still gives u butterflies. thats an awww...moment lol. I should keep ingrediants for shirley temples in my house more often. My favorite beverage and very easy to make :) I may have to do a blog like this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made my horrible day so much better! I definitly need to look at the things I did right (or atleast got done)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?