- Friends come and go. end of story.
- Don't say "I'm fine" if you don't mean it.
- Treat your kids like they're awesome. The opposite yields opposite results.
- Marry your best friend. Remember they are your best friend.
- Fight for your children. No one else will.
- People have to earn your respect and love.
- Don't waste your time with people you don't like.
- Don't eat food you don't like.
- Exercise for your mind and soul, not your body.
- Anything is possible.
- You don't have to succeed at everything you try. And that's OK.
- Laughter always makes you feel good and never gives you a hangover.
- Wash the dishes before you go to bed.
- Don't keep tabs on favors.
- Take a day (or two)... forget the laundry, dishes, and dinner. Play with your children in their world.
- Love where you live.
- Floss your teeth.
- Take time to spend with your girlfriends.
- Love really does overcome everything. Including a broken face.
Of all the things that I've come to better understand... Love and Laughter top the list. Be open to love. Be open to the joy and pain of love. Accept laughter. Laugh often. Make others laugh. Find the the beauty and/or humor in everything.
The other day, I realized what the meaning of life is. No, it's not 42. It's different for every single person. For me, I want to laugh. I look for funny things, I surround myself with funny people, I watch funny movies, I read funny books... I want to laugh. I want to laugh honestly. I want to smile and feel happy. I have a funny husband and together we have a comedic life. I love it. I love him, I love our funny/insane children. I love my funny brother, who by the way, is TEN TIMES funnier than me.
To have a light, happy heart, to me, is the meaning of my life. I'm not an entrepreneur. I'm not a numbers person. I'm not a leader. I live my own life and put in it the things that make me happy. Because I can. Because it's my life.
When I find that I am unhappy, it is because I have put unrealistic expectations on my life or compared myself to people I don't know. If my heart is happy, than I am happy, and my life is happy.
Happy Birthday to me. To another year of awakening, understanding, laughter, love, friendship, forgiveness, pain, humility, contentment, aspirations and enlightenment.
Thank you life for being a journey. A journey I am glad I have an interest in.
This blog post was made possible by pinot noir, champagne, and viewers like you.