Saturday, November 5, 2011

Why I Love Winter

It's true: I love it. I'll tell you why.

  1. Rain- I have a darling pair of rain-boots.
  2. Flooding- I feel like I get my money's worth out of my kayak. 
  3. Power Outages- I love a legitimate excuse to sleep in and drop my kids off late. 
  4. Cold Air- I look fantastic with a cold, wet nose. It makes me think of cute puppies. 
  5. Vitamin D is sooooooo overrated. 
  6. Soup is my favorite meal to prepare. 
  7. My children play so much better indoors than outdoors. 
  8. Snow- Shoveling the sidewalk is the P90X of winter outdoor workouts. Buffed arms by spring! 
  9. Sitting on a cold toilet seat in the morning really is better than a cup of coffee to wake you up. Cheaper too!
  10. I save so much money not getting pedicures. 
  11. Ice- it's makes you more graceful than ballet. 
  12. My cracked, dry hands are just an excuse to do paraffin treatments. 
  13. Holidays- seeing all that family.
  14. Seeing all that family- drinking all those booze to cope.
  15. It's really fun carving designs in ice/frost covered car windows. 
So there you have it. Some of the reasons why I embrace winter. 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha....way to sound positive while actually being sarcastic...unless you really are serious...if that is the case then you are insane! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love winter, but won't be experiencing much of it here in Los Angeles. Posts like this allow me to imagine experiencing winter's wonder for a moment, and I'm grateful!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?