Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I was about to make dinner....

First sentence generously provided by: Bill Sloniker 

I was about to make dinner, but then noticed that I was out of wine. I can’t possibly make dinner without it. So I went to the store to get a bottle.

Being at the store and seeing some balloons reminded me that my husband’s birthday is coming up and I needed to buy cake mix.  

When I was in the cake mix isle, I saw birthday candles. This gave me an idea that I wanted to light pillar candles on his birthday.  I needed to go to a different store for that.

When I got to the different store I found the the pillar candles I needed. They also had a rug on sale.  I remembered that my hardwood floors were dirty and that I needed to mop them.

I found some floor cleaner and a new mop. While I was over in the cleaning section I saw a really cute apron.  I tried it on.  It needed pearls.

I went to the jewelry store to see if they had any pearls. They did! While I was trying them on I realized I had let my roots get out of control. I needed a touch up. 

I drove to the beauty supply store for some hair dye. I found the most precious shade of pink nail polish while I was looking around. I tried it on my pinky finger.  I had to get it.  At the checkout I saw some vials of glitter.  I super love glitter so I went to the arts and crafts store.

While I was there I saw that they had all the supplies needed for making a Christmas wreath, I bought them.  I just love decorating for Christmas.  OOH! That reminded me that I needed to make cookies for a party my son was having.

I went to the nearest bakery and bought 2 dozen cookies. While I was there I saw these two old ladies chatting. This made me miss my friends. So I called one of them up.  She was busy making dinner. CRAP! DINNER!

I headed home to finish making dinner.  I turned the oven on, turned my stereo on and then realized….. I forgot my bottle of wine. 

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha oh my hell! That is like soooo me!! I think you wrote this about me...I always go to the store and buy about a zillion things I didn't go for and forget the one thing I REALLY needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been reading reading too many "If You Give a Critter a Something" books?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typical mom day: thought of everything but yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?