Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Toddlers

Sometimes I look back on the time I had two toddlers. I shudder. I even look back and remember having a baby in a bjorn and a very small 2 year old in a stroller. I did that every day. Grocery store, park, Ikea, Target. Looking back now I don't know how I did it. I don't know if I could do it now. If someone said "I'll trade you my adorable 3 month old and 2year old for a day and I'll take your 1st graders off your hands for the day" I'm not sure I could do it. I'd probably end up putting The Family Guy on and offering the baby some raw honey and dinosaur shaped chicken. The great thing about raising kids is that they also raise you. Everyone is unprepared but little by little, day by day you get through it, you learn from it and get into the groove. Until a tooth comes in. Or someone poops in the toilet. That you're back to chaos and crying.... while the kids watch Dora and eat goldfish crackers.

1 comment:

  1. When did it get easier? When the diapers were gone? When they went to school? Did you just wake up one day and realize that it was all just easier?

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?